barrio partners is a boutique digital marketing & communications agency based in Los Angeles.
Some of our past & current clients include non-profit organizations, social enterprises, people-owned companies, government entities & educational institutions; including Occidental College’s Center for Community Food & Resilience, Eastmont Community Center, The City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, Hunger Action Los Angeles, & SEELA.
WHAT WE DO
We teach people-led organizations how to grow their desired audience engagement, authentically market to current & new customers, & to expand their branding visibility via hyper-local & community-conscious tactics.
We guide our clients on how to show & tell their stories in their voices.
- Using digital & social media infrastructures, we help build effective short-term & long-term marketing strategies.
- Always considering entire communities & the multi-cultural layers within them, we’re experts on neighborhood specific communication.
- Sparking refreshed, creative ideas & support for collaborative brainstorming.
- Training your team to maximize your marketing & community engagement via cost-effective solutions.
WHAT WE SUPPORT
- In promotion of initiatives that positively impact L.A. communities – we’re dedicated to the advancement of organizations committed to addressing inequity in food, housing & education.
- In support of our company’s mission & the #madeinLA initiative – we created the brand barrio.la in support of local artists, non-profits & social enterprises.
We are a diverse & multi-cultural team – 100% led by women. In addition, we are MBE, WBE, SBE & EBE certified by the City of Los Angeles, MBE, WBE & CBE certified by the County of Los Angeles & SB certified by the State of California.
JEN KANTER (Co-Founder & Creative Advisor)
A native of Seattle & graduate of the University of Washington, Jen began her career negotiating sports contracts with FOX Cable Networks & then continued on to AMC networks (AMC, IFC, Sundance, WE, IFC Films) where she executed senior level carriage & marketing partnerships representing millions of dollars in both licensing fees & marketing value.
Working with & for large corporations for 17+ years – Jen traveled extensively around the country & while doing so, grew an even fonder appreciation for Los Angeles & our communities within the city.
Jen loves L.A. street art, hiking in the Santa Monica mountains, farmers’ markets & anything KCRW does. She is constantly on the hunt for vintage treasures- loves thrift stores- & getting lost in “new” Los Angeles neighborhoods.
One of her favorite mottos is, “Si Se Puede!” (Thank you, Dolores Huerta). She is a proud board member of Hunger Action Los Angeles.
She lives in Mar Vista with her family & can be reached at [email protected]
MEGGIE YILDIRIM (barrio.la – Curation & Procurement)
Meggie has lived in LA since she was 8 years old. She’s a wife and mother of 2. After graduating from college and working in promotions, she moved abroad to teach English. During that time of traveling and teaching, she met her husband and moved back to LA with him & their new baby!
LA was & is her very favorite place to be! She loves exploring all the different corners & cool places of LA – discovering new finds & meeting new vendors! Always so impressed with how creative & courageous people can be.
Meggie is the friend you call to get any advice about Los Angeles – shopping, dining, exploring!
She feels so much pride and joy to support local artists & makers and provide a platform for our clients to experience their products.