barrio partners creates L.A. focused digital strategies
Take a look around our site, & you’ll see that we are just like you – an independent, small business in Southern California – doing what we can to build a consumer-facing brand to be successful, revenue-generating, & impactful.
Our mission from the get-go was to create a plan-of-action to help local small businesses grow, & we knew the only way to do so was to actually be a small business in L.A.
We started barrio.la to learn best practices, get our hands dirty & to collaborate with the best local people.
Most importantly, we started both barrio.la & barrio partners to build a socially & environmentally-conscious business focused on impacting local, L.A. neighborhoods.
Two former T.V. executives braving the corporate world for a combined 30+ years, with the long term dream of leaving, joining together & building a company 100% focused on supporting companies owned by Los Angeles people.
We had been at the forefront of innovative deals, campaigns, & new business ventures – but literally dropped our old gigs (yeah, it was scary!) to do what we were passionate about.
Our experience includes high-level marketing, sales, negotiations, & operations – varying from massive national campaigns, to localized consumer initiatives.
MEET THE TEAM:
A native of Seattle & graduate of the University of Washington, Jen began her career negotiating sports contracts with FOX Cable Networks & then continued on to AMC networks (AMC, IFC, Sundance, WE, IFC Films) where she executed senior level sales & marketing partnerships representing millions of dollars in both license fees & marketing value.
Working with all the largest media distributors in television for 15 years – Jen traveled extensively around the country & while doing so, grew an even fonder appreciation of Southern California & everything on the west-coast.
Jen loves L.A. street art, hiking in the Santa Monica mountains & KCRW events – & will admit that her favorite part about running the L.A. marathon was seeing new neighborhoods.
After graduating from the Edward R. Murrow School of Communication at Washington State, Rick began his career working for Starbucks at the corporate office in Seattle. It took one trip to L.A. to know he was an L.A. native at heart.
Rick began a 12 year career with Scripps Networks (HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY, Cooking Channel) in the sales & marketing group. A savvy strategist with negotiation, back-end operations, advertising & marketing experience, Rick has a unique ability to work in all capacities in driving new business development.
Rick loves urban hikes, SoCal road trips, dim sum with friends & family, all things DTLA & SGV – & is a huge supporter & patron of L.A. metro.
• To help L.A. area independent small businesses grow revenue, market to new & existing customers, & expand awareness – we set up robust digital infrastructures for them & then utilize that infrastructure to build effective short-term & long-term strategies.
• In dedication of “all things L.A.” – we developed the e-commerce & local lifestyle brand of barrio.la to showcase products from local manufacturers, artists & makers, feature locally-operated events, & highlight the best local retailers, shops, & venues. We share those daily adventures on Instagram & Facebook.
• We promote & support local non-profits, advocacy groups, & initiatives that positively impact L.A. local communities & interests.
Our #1 goal is helping organizations thrive under the long term vision for their company. If your goal is to increase revenue, that’s our expertise. If it’s attracting new customers or improving brand recognition, then we’re still on the same page. – Jen Kanter
NO SMOKE & MIRRORS
We’ll explain everything, so you’ll learn along the way with us & we avoid buzzwords because they’re overused. Instead, we’ll explain what we are doing & why in better detail.
Knowing our goals, you may think – how do we do it? It’s localized marketing. A L.A.-based company is best suited to help another L.A. company reach the 10+ million people living here.
SO HOW DOES THIS WORK?
1) We’ll sit down & chat with you about your company.
2) We’ll review everything with your filter, goals, expectations & tone in mind.
2) After meeting, we usually take a few days to brainstorm ideas & to send you an action plan & proposal.
It’s that easy to start reaching people in your neighborhood… albeit, of 10+ million Angelenos.
CONTACT US TODAY